Friday, May 4, 2007

And then there are those reviews...

...that make you smile.

This one from EuroReviews who gave it 5 "rings":

(By the way, the reviewer is German, so the English is slightly off)

"UNMASKED by Kate Sterling is the story of Morgan who is on a mission to find her old flame, Derek, that she left some years back when she was in fear of becoming too close to Derek. Since then, Derek had found another, who has become his wife. Morgan's wish was to be with Derek, just one more time, and for her wish to be fulfilled, she must find Derek at the Masquerade Ball before midnight. Morgan finds Brianna who is trying to find her husband Marcos to save her marriage. Helping each other without knowing who each are, the triangle of these three become an intense, sensual and loving romance story that ends with a surprising ending. The scenes within this story is sizzling! The reader will become emotionally attached to them all, wanting them all to have their love everlasting."

She had nice things to say about everyone and said she wished she could give MASQUERADE 3 higher than 5, but that's as high as they go. As soon as I have a direct link to the site, I'll include it.

Steve, I thought of you saying the German reviews of your comic were better than the English. I guess they must like us. *grin*

12 comments:

Susan Miller said...

WOO HOO!! Them Germans are some smart people.

Good to see ya', Kate.

RK Sterling said...

Thanks, Susan. The past couple of months have been crazy, and the next two aren't looking promising.

I found out last week that I have to be out of my apartment by June 1, and I don't have a clue where I'm going. I've been subletting and the people who thought they'd be gone a year had to come back unexpectedly.

I guess they figured when it came down to choosing who had to be homeless - them or me - they chose me. Go figure. :)

Oh, well. It'll work out somehow.

Charles Gramlich said...

Maybe the Germans know passion when they see it. Good review. Congrats.

Travis Cody said...

Congrats on the good review! I agree - it's much better when your work is praised.

Good luck on the search for new digs.

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

very nice..thank god she's German. If she were French, she'd be suspect. I mean, it's the French who thought Jerry Lewis clever. The Germans? Hmmm. Then again, I wonder how "Masquerade" would play out in Riyadh?

Steve Malley said...

I used to tell folks that I was the David Hasselhoff of Comics.

You have my permission to steal the joke. You can be the David Hasselhoff of Short Stories, or Erotica's Very Own David Hasselhoff.

The title will look good on a rental application. Last time, I listed Piss Midget for an occupation.

(Wanders off humming 'Caught in the Current of Love'...)

RK Sterling said...

Thanks, Charles, Travis, Stewart and Steve.

Stewart - don't be hating on Jerry Lewis. :)

Steve, "Erotica's Very Own David Hasselhoff" is an image I really don't want! :D

Anonymous said...

Very good. I'm happy for you.

RK Sterling said...

Thanks, Avery. :)

Sidney said...

That's great! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

The reviewer is in fact an American person, lol, sorry to disappoint you. We don't have an editor to look over all the reviews although I try to look over as much reviews as I can. We work with mostly Americans (because they LOVE ebooks) and some people from Belgium.

RK Sterling said...

Oh, Eveline, how funny. Sorry about that. :)